Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome to our blog!

Hi there. If you're reading this, chances are you love food just as much as Tracy and me.
First off, let me tell you a little bit about who we are. My name is Ben and I've lived in Nashville since 2003. I've loved every second of it: the city, the people and especially the food. While I definitely consider myself an experienced Nashvillian, I feel like there are plenty of places (specifically in the local restaurant scene) I have yet to discover.
About four years ago, I met my soon-to-be best friend--Tracy. She shares my passion for food and we soon found ourselves going out to eat four nights a week.... But we were sucked into the black hole of chain restaurants.
We needed an escape and a little variety. Thus, Tracy and Ben's Alphabedible Adventure was born.
Here's the scoop: Tracy and I are going to visit a locally-owned restaurant in Nashville once a week that neither of us have visited before. The trick is that every week the restaurant has to begin with each subsequent letter of the alphabet, starting with "A" until we reach "Z."
How will we choose these restaurants, you ask? Some are restaurants that we have wanted to eat at, but just haven't gotten around to. Some we will spontaneously drive by and add to our list. Some we may find using a phone book. And some will be suggested to us by friends and hopefully, our readers!
Here is a rundown of how we will be rating each restaurant:
-Price
-Location
-Food Quality
-Drink Quality
-Service
-Ambiance
In some ways, this project is a hobby, but in other ways, we're hoping this helps us answer the question that always seems to stump us--"Where are we going for dinner?"
Regardless, hopefully by the end of this project we will have expanded our food horizons and encouraged you to visit some of the places we have.
We will begin our adventure tomorrow, September 2nd with our "A," The Acorn (located at 114 28th Avenue North). Stay tuned for our after dinner post and follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/alphabedible) for a play by play of our dining experience. Also, feel free to email us with any restaurant suggestions or comments of any nature (alphabedibleadventures@gmail.com).
Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Fun & food?! Two of my favorites :)... from two of my favorites... too good to be true?! I think not!
    I'm excited for this adventure and wish you all the best!!... though I will argue that the title of best friend needs to be shared. I move away and you two start blogging together... I don't even want to know where this could lead ;)
    Perhaps I'll find a new partner in crime & start an Athens edition :)

    Good luck!!
    & PS Sorry I's so bad at posting... please disregard the two failed attempts above :) love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Counter